13 January 2008

Alma Mater

What are these?

1. Quadrangles, courtyards, plazas
2. Preserve and integrate iconic trees
3. Enhance connections to the river
4. Riverfront development
5. Create pedestrian connections
6. Connecting across the railway line
7. Consolidate parking/ make the campus a pedestrian zone

Bullet points from a master plan for my alma mater's much needed renovation.

Often I am faced with my peers who are claimants to a B.E. or B.Tech. degree.(Aside: I consider mine to be something akin to boxing day gifts meted out to the unfortunate!). Its quite interesting to compare. Hell, comparision is human. Now if I classify colleges from UP, Bihar and ilk as outliers, and dig into the top 50 engineering colleges in India, mine beats everyone hands down on infrastructure and facilities i.e. from the bottom. But it appears change in imminent as its global alumni base creates noise. Heres hoping one day all seven points are actually implemented.

PS: I just remembered I had started on the Hostel Chronicles but like all my starts just lost steam on the way :-( . Guess its time to switch to renewable sources of energy!

Labels: , ,

4 comments

Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali kuchh to bolti...

the only thing i understood here was the disclaimer that goes with your posts: "The contents on this webpage are best viewed with a brain"

4:52 AM  
Blogger Radha kuchh to bolti...

You're COEP alumni???
I knew you sounded (on the blog) like you've lived in pune!!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

ok..back to US. I just visited three days ago to alma mater and there are definitely better changes..specially use of wasted land. The land besides Principal's home has been used for new coffee shop. Good to see this change. Electrical Labs have been changed...but staff is still the same :-(.

11:16 AM  
Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali kuchh to bolti...

straightforward: what will get you back here????? only comments will not do!!!! you don't want me sloganeering on roads to get you back, do u???

WE CARE, 666.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home