29 June 2007

Songs for 'We Men'

Inspite of desperate attempts by a dear friend at carrying out a brazen gender assassination attempt on yours truly, the manhood flourishes. Perhaps the only thing non-abstract about my existence is that. Seek .. and thou shalst find.

Anyways there are two songs I have been listening to lately. The first one particularly deserves a strong mention, dedicated to all men out there.

1. 'Just like you imagined' by Nine Inch Nails. The soundtrack for my beloved movie 300 ( read this, this and this ). God what a song... unfortunately no lyrics but well its just like one imagines!. Those drums make blood rush in all hitherto numb and forgotten corners of my body. The score is so inspiring that I honestly feel like slitting a few Persian throats even as I feel the cold hard metal pierced in my chest. Real men. Born out of real women.

2. 'Poison' by Alice Cooper. One band which I completely missed growing up was Alice Cooper and I regret it. There are two lines in this song which deserve a mention on a post for men. 'Your skin so wet, black lace on sweat'. Its just the uncanny weird way in which he sings. Amazing song, that apart.

Two completely different thoughts. I guess the pristine manifestation of both in one frame is the classic black knight in the shining armour myth.

Labels: ,

7 comments

Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali kuchh to bolti...

lol @ label : virility....haha!!!!
i can hear men shouting "Yo!!!!" :DDD

8:04 PM  
Blogger Radha kuchh to bolti...

Why is 300 such a guy-movie? Why do men enjoy blood & gore so much?

5:28 PM  
Blogger suramya kuchh to bolti...

I loved 300!!! I didn't think it was a guy's movie, hmmmm I don't agree with gender barriers either ways :)

6:54 AM  
Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

Poison - watched it video on youtube..it is heavy metal absolutely.
Haven't watched 300 yet..but understood his theme from South Park cartoon series and was laughing on the episode , the way it was shown ;-)).

9:12 AM  
Blogger Keshi kuchh to bolti...

some good taste in music there.

Apart from Virility n all LOL!

Keshi.

9:35 AM  
Blogger KAD kuchh to bolti...

Oh well, I guess I loved 300 so much that I saw it twice post that. Just for the final scene when he prepares to hurl the spear at Xerxes and the narrative that follows.

And no, I still don't take that virility tag into consideration.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Neer kuchh to bolti...

Poison!!! high on my iPod playlist! :) and right on there... theres something about toiling men... shiny with sweat... virility! :)

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home