04 June 2007

Kiran and Kanishka - Part I

The Benadryl had now reached her blood and she felt sleepy. Good for my cough, she thought. Kanishka climbed up the top side berth and lay down. The Gitanjali Express was running an hour late. The driver hooted the electric horn to clear the line, but Kanishka didn’t hear the horn. She was already fast asleep.

An armadillo walked up wearing blue trousers and handed Kanishka a Bible. She said, “Thank you Mr. Vajpayee.. that’s so nice of you”. The armadillo immediately turned and ran back, terrified. She laughed and put the Bible on her head and started walking on the Howrah Bridge. Her husband’s head popped out of a Honda City and he called out ‘What’s for dinner’. She smiled, “Chhole Bhature”. Suddenly the bridge collapsed and she fell into the Ganges frantically calling for her husband. The saline water burned her eyeballs and she raised her hand to

The train was on Rourkela Jn. An old woman slowly waded her way up to the lower side berth. She saw a middle aged woman sleeping on the top berth.

“Kannu tum kitni pyaari lag rahi ho iss dress main. Tumhara aur Kiran ka ek photo lete hain” Kanishka had won the fancy dress competition in school. She was dressed as a fairy and was waving her wand at Kiran who was runners up. Kiran was dressed as a clown with a red Popsicle on his nose. The ten year old winner and runners up smiled when the Konica camera clicked. Kiran and Kanishka. Best friends.

Kanishka turned in her sleep. The old woman below was silently staring out of the window.

She slapped Kiran and started crying. He screamed ‘I hate you’ and started crying.
Kanishka: I hate you double.
Kiran: “Why did you steal my pen?”
Kanishka: “Why did you hurt Lucy?”
Kiran: “Because you stole my pen”
Kanishka: “I didn’t”
Kiran: “Then I also didn’t hurt your dog”
Kanishka: “You did, Saurabh told me”
Kiran: “I hate you”
Kanishka: “I hate you double”
Kiran: (crying like a baby) “I will never talk to you again”
Kanishka: (crying like a baby) “I will never talk to you again”


to be continued...

Labels: ,

8 comments

Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali kuchh to bolti...

his is one story i cant even begin to think what it will lead us to......
and kanishka , name of a girl???hehe..waut till Mr Agiwal or shall i say kannu reads this!!! haha

8:45 PM  
Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali kuchh to bolti...

* this is one story...
* wait

OOPs!!!

8:46 PM  
Blogger KAD kuchh to bolti...

You are so dead Teen Chakke!! I think I will turn carnivorous just to scoop your brain out.

And I seen the honorary mention Saurabh aka Bansi makes in this story.

PS: Who is Kiran?

12:46 AM  
Blogger Radha kuchh to bolti...

It would have been funnier if Kanishka was dressed as a clown with a red Popsicle on his nose.

But Kanishka as a girl is funny enough :)))

3:39 PM  
Blogger suramya kuchh to bolti...

I thought kanishka would be the guy :), ur friend seems a bit miffed, but loving the story, whatever has been put up thats it :)

4:44 PM  
Blogger Jas B kuchh to bolti...

I thought so too, Suramya. I guess our Kanishka A. is not too pleased with that. :)
I can't wait to see how this story progresses...

12:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

Is there any significance of names in the story?You have emphasized more than your last stories..anyways..waiting for second half.

8:54 AM  
Blogger EQUINOX kuchh to bolti...

666, very good stories... I share a lot of your enthusiasm for the supernatural... we shoud have got into such discussions during college... neways... keep it up!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home