27 April 2007

La Vita E' Bella

X is marrying and is happy shappy. She (presumably) dragged her husband along and I met the gleesome twosome at Pizza Hut, other co-ordinates undisclosed at X’s request :-) X (in my most humbling proclamations ever) is right up there among the stars. I seriously doubt wether she has ever breathed the foul, corrosive air in the Venetian atmosphere. (Aside: Coming soon.. Air Venetians Breathe)

X’s fairy tale romance is Mills & Boons stuff, presumably, since I dare not go even a light-year near such monstrous, un Martian, mentally challenged publications. Now, the consideration of X being my l’il sister never touched my conscience. She is much, much beyond that. I have always found the lingua franca grossly inadequate when it comes to describing relations between a man and a woman.

The initial euphoria of meeting after almost a year with a handsome prince now by her right soon petered away. The glaring loss of her hitherto singular existence brought an unnoticed benedictory smile on my face. I could sense that little Miss Muffet was earnestly soliciting my implicit approval on her prince.. ha ha. After I had my customary rationed dose of leg-pulling, we settled down to a more unproductive discussion centered around the tidings, reapings (if any) of my life. It was a remark that X made which has brought about this post. X insists “Life is beautiful”.

Well it is, but only if one knows where the rainbow ends. Pity is all I have for those unfortunate souls who hide themselves under polka dotted ‘Life is beautiful’ umbrellas without ever tasting the fury of the sun. Let me simplify it further. The statement ‘Water boils at 100 degrees’ is useless per se if we never knew it freezes at 0. You would never be able to calibrate the bliss of living in a chalet on the Swiss Alps, if you haven’t experienced the Dharawi slums. Really.. pity is all I have.

So my dearest X allow me a juxtaposition to your famous statement. “Life is beautiful, death is not”. So speak those first three words only after you have seen the macabre of the last three.

God blesss you two. Till death doth thou apart.

Update I (29/04/07):

As a result of my public prosecution which lasted for 2 days, I hereby honor the plaintiff by going back to writing short stories.

Update II (02/05/07):

... and spake X !
of what was unsaid
of human dung forcibly fed
of stubborn pearls not shed
of what remaineth not tread
Alas! only only

an angel's requeim for the dead

Labels: ,

9 comments

Blogger J@$m!ne kuchh to bolti...

In Asimov's words "Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome."

5:24 AM  
Blogger Radha kuchh to bolti...

Thats what you told your little sister?? :)
Gosh, never speak about unhappiness of any sort to people in love!! They'll think you're crazy!!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali kuchh to bolti...

haha...agree with radha....and definitely not to ppl who are to tie the knot soon.....
Have a happy sunday!!! :)

10:05 PM  
Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

and indeed how do you know, 666...that death is not??

8:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

well said Arko..I don't think there can be better comment when Arka has questioned you.

8:29 PM  
Blogger Radha kuchh to bolti...

Haha!! No, we didnt mean to demotivate you into going back to short stories!! :)) That post was very well written! I mean it !!

9:05 AM  
Blogger AlterinG Abhishek kuchh to bolti...

amazingly written,
But as i always fight the fighting

"knowledge is power& and ingorance is bliss" tussle..

Fact is that point of view, and your priorities...

But I do agree that you need to see the pits to appreacite the peaks,..
Though i hv not gone to Dharavi yet, being in Mumbai too!!
but....
lemme throw the rhetorical one i read day before in the paper by oscar wilde..
" We are all n the guttar.. but some of us are looking at the stars"

so go ahead let ur sis check out the twinkles..
..( ignorance is bless.)

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous kuchh to bolti...

666,

Trust that u have seen life more that your l'il sis. I just want you to realize that LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL only if one wants it to be. Open your eyes.. trust me on this!!

Yours truly,
"X"

(P.S: I do not live a fairy tale life.. nor do I believe that 'ignorance is a bliss' .. 666 can vouch for that)

9:01 PM  
Blogger Jas B kuchh to bolti...

Although at times I wish for a fairy tale life, from experience I know that life is anything but that. But it feels nice to see people believe in love, and life to be beautiful.

All the best to you, little sister. May God bless you with everything that you wish for.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home