10 March 2007

The Long Distance Runner

My life is a Marathon. Fall ... get up .. only to fall more heavily. I see some ahead, millions behind but none by my side. (deep sigh) .. the loneliness of a long distance runner.

The first miss was deeply regretted, the second was profoundly painful. My hyper-reclusive lifestyle compounded with frequent travel should square the blame for the misses.

First miss was Roger Waters Live in Concert. I was in Saudi. Deeply regretted.
Second miss was (can you believe it) Iron Maiden. And what was I doing ... twiddling my thumbs all day trying to feel a tad less lonely. Profoundly painful.

'They' were here.. just yesterday and I didnt even know about it??????????????????? I owe my teens to 'them'. My very identity(or lack of it ..bah) is because of one song of 'theirs'. I have grown up wearing the Iron Maiden T shirt which I just cant discard. Their songs have inspired me, touched the biggest muscle in my body with lasting poignance. A muscle which over the years has learnt to be 'comfortably numb'.

Dejected. Tired and the loneliness.