24 February 2007

300 - The Movie

And once a while comes along a movie which makes me feel live is worth living .. not Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge not Dhoom 2,3 or 4 but

300 (click on link to watch trailer)

Yes that’s the name of the movie which I am so obsessed with that am doing a pre-release review!!

Release Date: March 9th, 2007 (worldwide)

Director: Zack Snyder

Cast: Gareth Buttler (King Leonidas)

Based Upon: The 1998 Dark Horse Comics limited series "300" written and drawn by Frank Miller and painted by Lynn Varley. Both the comic and this movie are based upon the Battle of Thermopylae of 480 B.C. in which a small band of 300 Spartans, led by King Leonidas, held defense against the massive armies of Persia's King Xerxes.

Premise: With the massive armies of the Persian Empire ready to invade the kingdoms of the Greek islands, it falls to the brave warriors of Sparta, led by King Leonidas, to hold them off at the Battle of Thermopylae, sacrificing themselves so that the rest of Greece can rally and defend themselves

My obsessive rant: Just cant wait. I have already drawn grand multiplex plans. Has to be a night show. The background score is so inspiring that I really feel like fighting and dying beside Leonidas and I love his resounding yell drawn from every ounce of his ass ‘Spartans! We dine in hell tonite’. Cant help noticing the saliva he spits out when he say ‘Spartans’. Gorgo, the wife of Leonidas asked him what she should do when he had left for war .. for certain death. To this he replies:
'Marry a good man, and have good children'

Will catch up with you and your brave men soon, Leo. I admire and respect you because it took just one man to turn the course of history.

Ahh life is beautiful.

5 comments

Blogger Fanaah kuchh to bolti...

They say there's no death as glorious as death in war for something you believe in.

But I cannot even begin to imagine the pain-and then maybe in such courage there is no pain.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Abhishek Rudresh kuchh to bolti...

I'll be watching out for this one! When you recommend something so unequivocally, one HAS to experience it. And thanks man, you soothe my writer's vanity to no end!

3:50 PM  
Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali kuchh to bolti...

guess, battles / wars make for great cinema (one way or other) ....checked out the trailer on your insistence.....the impassioned rant on ur part for the movie complelled me to.....it's impressive.....wud watch out for this one, if not for myself ..(i have had enough of war movies, for time being , finished watcing Eastwood's diptych on Iwo Jima just now and it's draine dme completely)..for my history-buff husband!!!! Thanx for recommending though :)

3:47 AM  
Blogger KAD kuchh to bolti...

Will watch this movie. Saw Apocalypto 2 days ago and I am still riveted to my seat.

@fanaah - Why fight at the first place? Doesn't life become less worthy already when we fight?

11:53 AM  
Blogger Jas B kuchh to bolti...

I saw the preview of this movie the other day, looks amazing. Shall watch it for sure!

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home