22 January 2007

E = MC^2

I attempted reading an ultra simplified note sans hypotheses sans mathematical equations on Einstein's theory of relativity. To the best of my limited mental faculties in this regard, I managed to cull out the filtrate which is ...

The apparent disconnect between Maxwell's electromagnetism and Galelion/Newtonian motion is resolved by a hypothesis which the world now knows as The Theory of Relativity. One of the corollaries is that the speed of light 'c' is constant regardless of the frame of reference, which leads to the fact that there is no absolute measure of time, which means time can dilate and alternately distance can contract .. phew ! (seriously not my cup of tea)

I recall an anecdote which had impressed me a lot. Einstein in his old age was waiting for a bus or cab. A young man came and stood beside him. The young man did not recognize Einstein and the two got engaged in a conversation. The young man introduced himself as a professor of physics researching blah blah blah.. When the young man asked Einstein's credentials he replied 'I am a student of physics' !

2 comments

Blogger KAD kuchh to bolti...

Try reading Timeline by Crichton. He has some interesting theories on time and time travel. Found it very believable.

10:05 AM  
Blogger J@$m!ne kuchh to bolti...

Humility is the mark of a great man..

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home