30 December 2006

Grudge 2


I saw Grudge 2 last night. Since I had not seen the previous movie I adequately researched all literature available on the Grudge to make sure I am not left with any grudges:-)

My God. Scared the shit out of my large intestine. I wake up in the morning and prepare myself to write a worthy review. I type 'grudge 2 review' in google to read what others have written. And I am disappointed actually pissed.

Why the f do people look for logic when they watch horror/supernatural flicks. Bloody you want logic? ... write an algorithm to solve the Rubik's cube. You want logic? Sit in a lecture on Fermat's last theorem. You want logic? Goddam go teach economics to engineers. DONT WATCH HORROR/SUPERNATURAL MOVIES WITH THAT LOGIC SHIT.

Ok.. just venting my frustration. Thats one reason why I ALWAYS watch such movies alone. The sense seeking, rationale cleansing, logical analysis of my friends is not to my taste.

Back to the movie. True to my nihilist nature I give this movie a A rating and place it among my all time favourites The Exorcist(1973); The Others; and The Ring. The movie has no plot. It can be said to have been made with the sole intention of scaring people by the effective use of visual and sound effects. In every frame, one 'feels' something will pop up, or the camera will move forward to reveal an apparition in the back with the growing crescendo of haunting music.
In the past 6 months, I have watched umpteen horror movies. I saw 'Silent Hill' with only 7 people in the theatre. But none have had an impact as strong as Grudge 2. Phew! last night I was thankful to have people around me.
To wrap off, just one suggestion. If you have a grudge .. dont die with it. It never stops.

3 comments

Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

Man..i did not read your blog..I just saw the pic..it is too scary. And it is really making me now when I alone at home now.Are you watching all these movies in theatre?

8:47 PM  
Blogger Jas B kuchh to bolti...

You are brave. Although I like such movies, I usually end up not sleeping for a long time.

Wish you a very happy new year 2007. :) God Bless.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

@yogsma: Read the post:-)

@Jas: Have a great year ahead. Keep in 'blog'touch:-)

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home