15 February 2008

Morals of the story

I wrote the Chronicles of Chamatka to vivify the learnings of my life in the past few months with simple examples which readers can relate to, or else it gets the treatment of gyaan. Let me proceed with my discourse. And let me confess, these learnings have been at the expense of one full litre of tears from the sum total of all humans crying them.

Chamatka: You, me, he, she anyone confronted with a difficult situation. All of us sometime in our lives have been scared, jittery and stopped thinking rationally. So empathize with that dear wily fox and replace him with yourself.

Doob Doob: I have introduced each character very thoughtfully. Now, Doob Doob is a part of the problem. He himself is lost in the forest and all he does is ‘define the problem’ for Chamatka. That we will die of hunger is only providing details of the issue at hand. Stay away from such people when you are in a fix. They are useless. Also please note such a person is invariably the first one would comes across and seek advice from, as happens in the story. Further, they are almost always best friends or family members like Doob Doob was to Chamatka. From the context of finding a solution to the problem, I vehemently re-emphasize, they are useless!

Kalia: Undoubtedly the best character of the story who is mistrusted. Chamatka is not wrong to mistrust him, coz he has had a history of trouble and bother from Kalia. However, the most critical insight about Kalia is that he is the only character in the story who can see the problem in its entirety, coz he is in outside the forest and not inside in!. He is in the air and from his position can see the whole forest. So dear friends, the best advice unfortunately sometimes comes from someone we don’t trust. Note how crisp and clear is Kalia’s solution to Chamatka’s imbroglio. And it often comes early so we tend to wait for better inputs. How to discern then??.. I don’t know honestly, it’s difficult.

Shikari Shambhu: The enemy who appears at the rather inopportune moment of an already messy situation. Such a moment marks the apotheosis of one’s state of gloom. It would naturally lead to the shattering of whatever resolve one has built up. But hark, I still believe that Shambhu is better than Doob Doob( although Shambhu is a problem in himself). Note carefully when he says ‘centre of the forest’ .. bang.. a alert Chamatka would have atleast known his co-ordinates. So even the person whom you hate, fear can help you unknowingly! Advice and help is always welcome, even if its unwarranted.

Mooshik: Ahh the perfect character thrown in the tragedy of our lives. The stranger!. I have learnt to believe that the most practical advice comes from a complete stranger. Mooshik turns the problem around and presents it as a solution in itself! Only Mommies are allowed to say “Don’t talk to strangers”.

So, dear reader friends hope this small parable which I wrote in the form of Panchtantra stories has been insightful. In case it still doesn’t make any sense, 666 is always around for ye all.

Cheers and May God Blesss.

Labels: ,

5 comments

Blogger J@$m!ne kuchh to bolti...

It all comes together perfectly.. I believe each person can always learn something from another's life... Your attempt is sincere and has made me realize that there are too many Doob Doobs' in my life ;)

10:27 PM  
Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali kuchh to bolti...

:) I choose to not surround myself with DoobDoobs.....and i seriously hope i haven't been a Dooddoob to anyone.....can't we let Chamatka go back home, later sometime in his life, just once perhaps???:)

1:12 AM  
Blogger Jas B kuchh to bolti...

Brilliant, 666.

10:48 AM  
Blogger Solitaire kuchh to bolti...

Absolutely! I am completely with you today. Just that I never allowed anyone else to enter my life apart from Doob Doob before.But today , after having a practical experince I completely identify with each character and agree with you

2:59 PM  
Blogger Radha kuchh to bolti...

Doob-doob sounds like a consultant to me!!! lol :)

12:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home