12 April 2006

The Final Adieu

Last few hrs in India ... This time it is different. I have absolutely no idea when shall i retun.

My long stay here saw me doing all that i wanted to do. Heavy reading and equally heavy writing, learning to drive, merriments from semi-nude beaches of Goa to semi-nude discs of Pune and more importantly exploring myself. This self-exploration was successful. I found many new interest areas, to name a few - human anatomy, photography.

But all things done i really have only one vignette to carry to Dubai.

I was travelling in an auto-rickshaw in Pune. My height necessitates me to bend double in order to enjoy a clear view of the traffic outside. I was near Pune railway station so the speed of the rick was slow. I passed a bus stand. There i saw two people sitting behind in the last row, conveniently forgotten. They were blind. They were in their late twenties. One was a guy and one was a girl. They were sitting in the most nondescript corner of an otherwise thronging locality. And ... they were laughing to their wits end. By then the rick had proceeded and the two were forever lost in the caverns of my subconscious mind.

I have never laughed like that since ages. When i have, its because i saw Hungama or someone made a wisecrack or i made fun of someone. If the two of them can forget the worries of life and laugh like that ... who am i and what the hell am i doing with my "life"??

Anyways .. goodbye India. God bless you and your people, they really deserve to be blessed.

3 comments

Blogger Fanaah kuchh to bolti...

Hehehe,I too while travelling by train-moments freezed in a photoframe for eternity.

enjoy dxb-may it bring the joy deserved.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Quirkilicious kuchh to bolti...

Hey! Soo..how is work going? Is it as exciting and interesting as you hoped?? Do let me know!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

@purnima: In fact .. i was thinking what a superb painting that would be .. a beautiful blind couple laughing to their wits end when everyone around them are morose.

@aditi: will commence work day aft tom. My Dubai number is the same. Gimme a buzz when you arrive. Accomodation is a p in the a. Hopefully me and chinmay should iron out things today/tom.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home