10 March 2006

My tryst with S.P.Jain - II

And eventually arriveth the day. 20th Feb 2005.

I had purchased a stark white full shirt for the momentous occasion. Off course had shaven twice over hahahaha. Arrived at the hallowed portals of the premier institute, watching a couple of guys and gals sitting in the corner having a good time. I presumed them to be students, every inch of me seeing myself in them.

I was asked to wait in a room where other lambs on the altar of sacrifice shared similar or even worse anxities ( i am otherwise a legenday stoic :-) ). We were divided in groups of 6 ( my fav no. he he ) and asked to proceed to the gallows. These six were a remarkable lot.

1. All engineers ( damn )
2. All guys
3. All work ex with big brands ( second damn )
4. All superb speakers ( third damn )

I stood no chance.

We were seated in a semi-circle. There were two butchers. One man and one woman. Woh do aur hum chheh ... bahut na-insaafi hui. The slaughter was organised and well planned. It started serially, i being the penultimate. Some superb speakers whined away, some guys turned out to be sissies. I held my ground. Stoicism.

I had cleared the dreaded first round ! !

What followed was one of the most gruelling processes which my faculties have ever ever been tested to. I had to wait for almost two hours till all the interviews were over. These two hours, I remember making friends with a guy ( naturally ) who also found himself as a beholder of post first round ephemeral smugness. Two hours which seemed like two days finally elapsed and we were lead to the IT centre and given seats. Ok here i must add a foreword. If the first round was cruel, what followed was inhuman. A psychometric test . One hour long !!!!!!!!! I was thoroughly drained after this mental torture. We werent allowed any rest, since it was already past 5 PM and the second round of interview was still left ( this time GOD daaaaaamn ).

The second round:

This time only 5. A fair mix of engineers and non-engineers, males and non-males. We were asked on a variety of topics which i have no patience in remembering. The ordeal was certainly tougher than round 1 but much easier than other second rounds.

At about 7:30 PM, I exited the Bhavan's campus. Sapped.

0 comments

Post a Comment

<< Home