20 October 2006

Notworking

I have been innundated by the advantages of networking and other cognate euphemisms like socializing and keeping in touch. Networking is a myth which unfortunately has become overridingly significant over individuality.

Heres my dig at 'not'working. Networking DOES NOT mean keeping in touch regularly. Networking DOES NOT mean desiring friends at high places. Networking DOES NOT mean 50+ fans, 600+ friends and 20+ testimonials on Orkut.

In my lexicon, networking is the ability to gain acceptance, respect or admiration among select few who are important for an individual. That is tough. All those in my network(its pretty big..surprised eh?) have one of the above three qualifying criterion.

Just my tuppence .. though:-)

2 comments

Blogger EQUINOX kuchh to bolti...

very well said!... touche!

12:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous kuchh to bolti...

orkut is for socializing..I use LinkIn for networking and that is really what I mean by networking.But what is the problem with socialization?

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home