29 October 2006

Bande Mein Tha Dum

The best rhyme I have heard since ages is .."Bande Mein Tha Dum ... Vande Mataram".

One of my biggest peeves is sitting beside a group and overhearing their Hail-Hitler or Anti-Gandhi blarney. In our lives we dont really have the time or energy to engage ourselves in meaningful discourses on legendary personalities. Reading a few biographies, listening to erudite scholars from forgotten universities does not qualify us to develop opinions on them. If you have so much time, go and wash your car buddy!

I mean..for heaven's sake leave him alone. You and Me cannot go beyond girlfriends and boyfriends and Shah Rukh Khan and money and career. Amen

5 comments

Anonymous Anonymous kuchh to bolti...

Why cant an individual have his opinion abt these people? Finally his/her own individual thinking capability which makes some adaptive decision as per the situation in hand, decides the scruple.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Fanaah kuchh to bolti...

I often think about how purpose-less my life is, even if I made it big in career--it still wouldnt mean I made it big in life.(Guess my priorities are diff)

You rem tht ad-the power of one? Truly motivating.

But I just dont want to go through life feeling that I didnt contribute to something that I truly believed in.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

@yogsma: I have absolutely no problems with people holding opinions, given that these people KNOW THEMSELVES FIRST. I am shocked .. when I read the 'about me' on orkut. I have come across many of my friends who dont understand themselves but have elaborate, ornate and exquisitely intricate opinions on absolutely everybody else .. from Rani Mukherji to the man next door.

Simple. Look inside yourself and then look outside. I dont proclaim I do it efficiently, but I try.

As always .. entirely my ideology. This is a free world:-)

11:28 PM  
Blogger EQUINOX kuchh to bolti...

maybe its got to do with ppl taking the easy path out... knowing oneself is tough... voicing opinion on all and sundry is easier....

9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous kuchh to bolti...

Yes I understand you . There is similar thinking in Marathi -> Swaroop paha , Vishwaroop nahi-> it means Look at yourself , dont look at World. But there are certain things when one has to look at world and has to learn something and that is the way you proceed in life , so that is my funda of life. Look at world with good view and learn only good things from it.Anyways..leave it ..bahut ho gayi philosophy.

7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home