06 August 2006

Brief History of Time - I

Brief History of Time - I

“Someone told me that each equation I included in the book would halve the sales. I, therefore resolved not to have any equations at all. In the end, however, I did put in one equation, Einstein’s famous equation, E = mc2” – Stephen Hawking

I shall run a series on BHoT wherein I shall but humbly attempt to cull out the essence and present it in a more understandable form. What I attempt is extremely difficult. BHoT is a legendary piece and my mental faculties have been atrophied due to work pressures and personal mundanity.

For those initiated in BHoT … would request comments
For those uninitiated in BHoT … would request initiation
For those disinterested in the proceedings … would request tolerance :-)

Chapter 1: Our Picture of the Universe
I will not be covering this more or less introductory chapter. The purpose of this series is to simplify, to ‘factify’ the complexities of the book and not editorial indulgence.(In fact I am incapable of the latter).

Chapter 2: Space and Time
Abandoned effort :-(

7 comments

Blogger Arkus Caesar kuchh to bolti...

666..IMHO BHOT itself is an extremely watered down picture of the universe and time..and now you're gonna water it down further..that not be on dude!!!

11:36 PM  
Blogger Arkus Caesar kuchh to bolti...

good to see you gave up..:)

11:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

I guess i need to put in another disclaimer :-))

'Proceedings meant for lesser mortals'

Pardner.. in fact my interest in BHoT is entirely due to your post. Pls do comment laboriously on each chapter for the benefit of my readers.

8:44 AM  
Blogger NN kuchh to bolti...

I can't understand why you have to do this ?!

12:49 PM  
Blogger KAD kuchh to bolti...

You red cockroach swimming in a toilet bowl!! The next time you start a post on reviewing/writing a book only to abandon it by the end of the post, you can rest assured that the above profanity will be the better ones that will come your way.

2:13 PM  
Blogger Arkus Caesar kuchh to bolti...

666..which post do you refer to??

5:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

http://arkuscaesar.blogspot.com/2006/06/like-warp-and-woof.html

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home