01 July 2006

Reviews: Movie

United 93

I would have never seen it but my friends took me along. On hindsight its good I saw it. Its important to remember things which unfortunately get effaced from conscious memory due to work pressures and personal mundanity. United 93 helped me to intro and retro spect. It made me recall the most hideous thing I have ever seen in my long life.. the video footage of Daniel Pearl's murder. I wonder what would it be like to be his mother, daughter, father,wife and see that video.

United 93 is about the fourth hijacked plane which didnt reach its intended target. No frills, a plain factual movie but it proved its efficacy.

United 93 enforces my extreme aversion to the proceedings of humanity. Both at the micro (my life) and macro (communities,nations..) level humans disappoint me. Anyways...

The movie is definitely a good watch. There's no question of getting bored. Its a recommend.

PS: After the movie ended I heard some claps from the dark hall. Now I have humbly accepted allegations of 'You are weird', 'You are crazy','You are abnormal' cast on me since times immemorial. In the context of these claps, I completely fail to understand the normalcy and sanity of human thought which brought out those applause.

5 comments

Blogger KAD kuchh to bolti...

I wonder if they would release this movie in India. Should meet some resistance for sure here.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Abhishek Rudresh kuchh to bolti...

Havent seen it yet, but it take this as a recommendation. BTW, with 3 posts in less than 30 days, dont I deserve to be in the active list :)?

12:56 AM  
Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

ha ha :-) ok done .. anyways you are the best in whatever state you persist

I am a twinkle-in-the-eye fan of yours.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Fanaah kuchh to bolti...

Oh I wanna catch this film too, quite inspiring Ive heard. Well my friend who is a pilot was quite into the film, I guess he'd be the kinds to clap-depends from whoose eyes you watch the movie!

5:37 PM  
Blogger NN kuchh to bolti...

sanity normalcy - who defines that?

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home