22 July 2006

Reviews: Movie

Name: Pirates of the Caribbean
Genre: Fiction, Adventure
Rating: ****

'Fifteen men on a dead man's chest, Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum'. For those who have enjoyed growing up reading Treasure Island POTC would be entralling entertainment. Johnny Depp(Captain Jack Sparrow) is brilliant. A superb performance by him.

Great movie for the uninitiated. The scenes and scents and smells and senses are a true visionary delight. For the initiated, the ohh yeah... wow feel about seeing Davy Jones and the legend of the Flying Dutchman is an added enduring takeaway.

There would be a sequel. Till then ten thousand thundering typhoons !

4 comments

Blogger KAD kuchh to bolti...

i am going to watch it tmmrw with my ex-colleagues at HP. I hope it is good, first movie since I have come to India. Going in only for Depp, almost end up imitating that guy everytime I watch Pirates of the Caribbean.

9:23 PM  
Blogger EQUINOX kuchh to bolti...

did u watch the sequel?

1:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

@Equinox: Yes

9:18 AM  
Blogger Fanaah kuchh to bolti...

I loved it!! Thought it was made extremely well. Depp's acting was awesome, so was his make up thinking about it.
Ashher was all "keeiiiiiraaaaa", I was all "Bloooooooooooom", Rashi liked Davy Jones' external nose pipe.

Waiting for the sequel-to the end of the earth and back :)

@Kannu
I wanna see the imitation too! I miss all that!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home