01 October 2009

A Lone Bison?

A lone bison did this? Unfortunately that appears to be the reason.
I woke up today with this news which shocked me and saddened me a lot. Read the whole story here. What makes this tragedy more macabre, I was exactly on one of those boats you see in the pics only a few months ago! Its like visiting the Taj a few days before Kasab & Co. let loose their Assault Kalashnikovs. Such is the feeling whichs gnaws at you from inside. I can very graphically imagine the exact details of the boat, the lake, the surrounding and even the bison! (I had seen one as well and had clicked photographs). This tragedy would have a very negative affect on Periyar's image. I must add here that I am not compeltely surprised about the accident. Even when I visited there was complete chaos. There were like hundreds of tourists all flocking near the dock to get into one of those boats. The scant few officials were not even checking tickets. In fact, about 50 odd people boarded a huge double deck boat (like the one which capsized above) only to be forced to alight and board another one. Utter chaos. Bad. Sad.
Anyways, life will go on. I shall, as always, pause fleetingly to wish all deceased a great afterlife. One day I shall be dead as well. But till that happens, I shall check out a few more wobbly boats on deep lakes in verdant wildlife sanctuaries :-)
R.I.P

Labels: , ,

4 comments

Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

Errata - "A lone bison was the reason behind all this?" instead of "A lone bison did this?" Sometimes my words drift away from their intended meaning. Sorry for that.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Fighter Jet kuchh to bolti...

from what i gather after reading in the news..it was juat waiting to happen :(

there is no value for life in India...actually,we are too many and hence the neglect.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Kabeer kuchh to bolti...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali kuchh to bolti...

hmmmmmm again!

2:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home