03 June 2008

Rahu Ketu

I recently performed an elaborate ceremony. Regular readers might just find their thoughts drifting towards connubial merrymaking, but sorry to disappoint the ceremony was to appease the 9 planets in the solar system and in particular the two miscreant fictional planets of Rahu and Ketu. It was a elaborate yagnya with fire puking obnoxious fumes which burnt my eyes sore

I am now thoroughly convinced about my ability to be universally acknowledged as a classic case study among astrologers. With whatever I have gleaned, I am astrologically fucked. Different interpretations have emerged and by the time this post goes for publishing, the list of my astrological maladies would have covered the entire spectrum. I am a strong Manglik (double Mangal effect ha ha!), then I have Kaal Sarp Jog, then the two critical fictional planets Rahu and Ketu are just perfectly misaligned, then I have what is called Saade Saati (evil dosh which lasts for seven years), then most of the planets are gleefully running amok in space casting their darkest, deepest, coldest shadows on my well being. Wow.

Now some more details about the aforementioned elaborate ceremony. I was expecting a small low key affair with some Sanskrit verses being mumbled and some innocuous throwing of fuel to the fire. Had the happening been concurrent with the expectation, this post would never have been written. The first jolt came when not one, not two but four priests descending on our house and cleared the entire living room. This made me sense the magnitude of the problem. The holy men ordered 8 bricks to be arranged and some sand for the kiln's bed. Very soon I was singing "smoke on the water, fire in the sky". In the end the experience was thoroughly lachrymose. It lasted for 3 hours.

Labels: ,

7 comments

Blogger suramya kuchh to bolti...

You being a Manglik only affects your marriage chances, the best thing to do is to marry one of the maha nakshathra's :) or a tree first like aishwariya rai :) or another Manglik :)and sarpa dosha can be taken care of any of the major temples, it takes another yagna :). Really interesting case. I have dabbled a bit with indian astrology but its the first time I have come across a horoscope with nearly all the dosha's :), its very interesting. What nakshathra are you?

10:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

wow..its pretty clear now why you are so fond of evils?

2:46 AM  
Blogger J@$m!ne kuchh to bolti...

I am not a big fan of astrology... I believe that you make your destiny...but that is a debate for another day..

Question for you.. how did u figure out it was time for a yagna??

3:34 AM  
Blogger Radha kuchh to bolti...

When did the saade-saati start? Could this be the end of the 7th year? Hope it is!!

5:11 AM  
Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali kuchh to bolti...

:)and if these 4 priests can't get rid of all the doshas, nothing will! :)

signed------Goddess of Doom :DDDDD

11:14 PM  
Blogger Neer kuchh to bolti...

longggg time

you know whats the best thing about all these ceremonies?? the exotic lilt of sanskrit shloka! and am not even kiddin!!

and heyyy, thank you!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Fighter Jet kuchh to bolti...

even my sister is manglik with sarp dosh..and blah blah...and we were a disappointed lot..but will tel u one thing...the more u believe in such idiotic astrology the more fucked up ur life will become...we could find many matches for my sister...inspite of manglik etc issues...(just go to matrimonial sies..and expand ur net! :))...relax..and take charge of ur life..all will end well.Best of luck.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home