25 April 2008

Hanuman Chalisa

I had been 'finally' asked to chant the Hanuman Chalisa every morning. Apparently that is the elixir for all misaligned planets casting their dark shadows on my well-being. It also should drive away a couple (or more?) miscreant spirits who appear to have developed a deep liking towards me for carrying out their spells. Here is a little preface of the Hanuman Chalisa-

"Shri Guru Charan Saroj Raj, Nij Man Mukar Sudhari, Barnau Raghuvar Bimal Jasu, Jo dayaku Phal Char"
With the dust of Guru's Lotus feet, I clean the mirror of my mind and then narrate the sacred glory of Sri Ram Chandra, The Supereme among the Raghu dynasty. The giver of the four attainments of life.

"Jo Sat Baar Paath Kar Koi, Chhutahi Bandi Maha Sukh Hoi"
One who recites this Hanuman Chalisa one hundred times daily for one hundred days becomes free from the bondage of life and death and enjoys the highest bliss at last

"Jo Yah Padhe Hanuman Chalisa, Hoy Siddhi Sakhi Gaurisa"
As Lord Shankar witnesses, all those who recite Hanuman Chalisa regularly are sure to be benedicted

I havent managed to follow the decree with obedience, but shall try from now. Its fun especially if you know how to chant it. While I was a kid, a nearby temple used to play the Hanuman Chalisa every day at 6 PM on those old age loudspeakers. I picked up the tune from there. For new age denizens :-) we have youtube.. here is the link.

Labels: ,

9 comments

Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

where are you heading??????But good for you .....

12:03 AM  
Blogger J@$m!ne kuchh to bolti...

I recite when I am angry inside.. It helps me cool off..
It's one of those things you have to believe to see..

1:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous kuchh to bolti...

I too recite chalisa - Hanuman was my first.
It brings me such inner peace and strength I made a website for my friends (and anyone else) called Chalisa.
Wishing you joy, peace, and balance. ;-)

4:42 PM  
Blogger Radha kuchh to bolti...

@ "drive away miscreant spirits" -- What? You're haunted by spirits?? Whose?

5:27 AM  
Blogger Chica, Cienna, and Cali kuchh to bolti...

whatever works!!!!! :)

btw, Semantica is updated, Chief!

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous kuchh to bolti...

|| Om Shri Hanumate Namah: ||

Thanks for this nice Website. I recite Hanuman Chalisa daily!

If you are interested in Hanuman Chalisa Mp3 and other Mp3- Bhajans, you can look at:

http://hanumanji.wordpress.com

YouRs SinCereLy M!sTer CrippLeD SaM

6:45 PM  
Blogger J@$m!ne kuchh to bolti...

Question:
How did all these people with Hanuman Chalisa websites(give me a break!) find your post... Amazing stuff google is capable of??

4:33 AM  
Blogger AlterinG Abhishek kuchh to bolti...

whao!

i mean 666 and the (gothic) blog u have and Hanuman chalisa!!

kudos..

am sure it will work for you

2:44 PM  
Blogger NN kuchh to bolti...

My father recites the hanuman Chalisa aloud every morning in some odd tune. I don't know if that's the universal tune for Hanuman Chalisa but if i ever heard it outside it'd be very emotional :D

On a serious note, if nothing else these things atleast instill a sense of descipline and purpose in us. Like the sun and the moon that relentlessly rise and set everyday.

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home