28 December 2010

Travelling in India

My bias towards international travel has thrived at the expense of domestic travel. I intend to correct this.

The realization that travelling to international destinations is unaffordable for atleast the next ten years made me sit up and pay more attention to what I can and have already achieved with decent success - travelling in India. My traveller profile is the middle-of-the-road wanderlust, neither splurging in 5 star hotels nor roughing it out in shady bylane lodges. With this blog, I am initiating a 'India Travel' compilation. The idea is to use the lens of my experience to systematically document travel experiences in India so that they can be compared, referred to by me and others and eventually, who knows, maybe culled into a book! An important disclaimer here would be that these experiences are totally and completely prejudiced as they are mine. Although the tone will be that of recommending, its up to the reader to accept or rubbish it. Further, they would be written with Indian upper middle class as target audience. Even if there are no readers, no problem, I am the writer cum reader all rolled in one.

So much so for the obligatory introduction. Moving on to the meat.

Each location which I travel to will be reviewed under 7 sections namely
1. Why go there?
2. When to go there?
3. How to go there?
4. How many days/nights are ideal?
5. What is the budget @3 and 4 above?
6. What is the ideal itinerary @4 above?
7. What you must know before travel?

Coming up soon is the first installment. Wayanad

Labels: ,

1 comments

Anonymous Nilesh kuchh to bolti...

Good initiative...looking fwd to your posts...!

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home