18 April 2010

The bug hasnt bitten me yet

Of all bugs which bite, the bite of the 'entrepreneurial bug' is the most long lasting. Till date, I have managed to live in a protected environment and denied myself getting bitten. Lately, one question has been knocking in my head - how long can I remain without getting bitten. Yeah once bitten, twice shy, but the once should happen. Or not?

My recent book purchases are an effort in answering this question. As history suggests, I am a good buyer of books, but terrible with reading them. So cannot say for sure the books will be digested or even tasted for that matter. Anyways here are the two books which I bought.

1. "The High Performance Entrepreneur" by Subroto Bagchi.
1.1 When do I know I am ready?
1.2 Profile of an entrepreneur
1.3 Sensing the right opportunity
1.4 Choosing the team
1.5 DNA, mission, vision and values
1.6 How are u different?
1.7 Writing the business plan
1.8 Choosing the right investor
1.9 Getting good people and keeping them
1.10 Building the process focused organization
1.11 A company is known by the customers it keeps
1.12 Managing your money
1.13 Building your brand
1.14 Emergence and willingness to change
1.15 Managing adversity
1.16 From idea to IPO
1.17 Reasons start ups fail
1.18 Lessons in entrepreneurship from the Indian IT Industry

2. "Cases in Entrepreneurship - The Venture Creation Process" by Eric A. Morse & Ronald K. Mitchell
2.1 Searching for venture opportunities
2.2 Screening venture opportunities
2.3 Planning and financing the venture
2.4 Venture setup
2.5 Venture startup
2.6 Ongoing venture operations & growth
2.7 Venture analytics: Beyong venture creation

I hope one day I get around reading these and blogging about the 'so what'.

Labels:

4 comments

Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

Not bad!! You can always be entrepreneur till the time you are really one!! Try "Stay hungry stay foolish" by Rashmi Bansal ..some of the cases she has told are amazing. Do post the reviews of the books.

3:20 AM  
Blogger Fighter Jet kuchh to bolti...

the first book seems more interesting!

and its great to be bitten by the interprenurial bugs!Who knows reading the book may lead to that ultimatley :)
so read with caution !!!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Radha kuchh to bolti...

Well, good luck & hope you get bitten soon! Don't let inertia stop you from giving it an honest shot!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

@ yogsma - yes i have managed to procure a ecopy of Stay Hungry Stay Foolish. Her new book 'Connect the dots' is equally good.

@ FJ - :-) yes the first one is good

@ Radha - I think I am bug resistant. Lets see :-) And you said it.. Intertia!

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home