14 June 2005

Khana Pakhana

My Mother. Since she'll never read my blog i can safely indict her with the charge of my cullinary illiteracy and cutlery bunglings. She always considered me totally useless with regards household chores and kitchen science. My only excursions of these kind include lemonades, Rasna, Rooh Afza and an odd Maggi which also got erased from my RAM due to atrophying of my cooking faculties.

In Dubai ... my phoenixation hath begun. I am determined to learn to be a smug cook. My first attempt at the same proved to be a washout .. literally. I put too much water in a local make cup-o-noodles and i had for myself endless strands of uncooked noodles having a nice swim in the murky liquid.

Today my friend Nilesh cooked Maggi for the two of us. Ok lets see if i got the concepts right.

The maggi algorithm..
Step 1: pan mein adhai cup paani ko boil karo
Step 2: masala dalo aur acche se hilaoo( pan ko .. if i may add )
Step 3: maggi ko chhote chhote tukdo mein tod kar pan mein dalo
Step 4: do minute
Step 5: jab paani evaporate ho jaye to gas band karo aur
End: jor se chillao Maggi Maggi Maggi....

I never thought i would be learning to cook. Hail Anatole !:-)

3 comments

Blogger KAD kuchh to bolti...

Correction Sire:
The instructions are very clear on any Maggi pack. It is the execution of the same that makes the difference between a great Maggi and a soupy Maggi. So my dear 666, we still have to go a long way before we call ourselves cooks. Even as "Maggi Cooks" if there is a term like that.

BTW, I have about 30 packs of some Nepali noodles. Great stuff..want some?? Villa No. 56.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Arkus Caesar kuchh to bolti...

dude!!...khana pakaana tak theek tha..when you say khana-pakhana(ewww!!)...and coming from bihar/jharkhand i hope i don'tm have to spell out what sort of connotations you're sending out...:):D

7:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown kuchh to bolti...

@kanishka: I never read instructions in my enggi exams do you expect i would on Maggi!! but i guess we all have been blessed with "The Gift of The Mag(g)i"
Nepali noodles ho ho where did ya get the stuff from..

@arkus caesar:there...i knew it ..only like minded creeps would notice the faecal insinuations which yours beastly habitually resorts to !!

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home